Descendants of Simeon Zane, son of Robert Zane and Jane Satterwaite
Generation No. 1
1. SIMEON5 ZANE (ROBERT4, ROBERT3, ROBERT2, SIMON/SIMONE/SYMON1)1 was born 1736 in Newton, Gloucester Co., New Jersey, and died Bef. 24 Apr 1795 in Gloucester Co., New Jersey. He married SARAH HOOTEN 01 Jun 1761 in Haddonfield MM, Gloucester Co., New Jersey, daughter of JOHN HOOTEN.
Notes for SIMEON ZANE:
First Settlers of Newton Township New Jersey
By John Clement
Sinnickson Chew, 1877
AT HADDONFIELD MEETING.
1720 Timothy Matlack to Mary Haines.
1761 John Sharp to Sarah Andrews.
1761 Simeon Zane to Sarah Hooten.
Died Intestate. Administrators of Estate were wife, Sarah Zane and nephew, Joseph Zane #0086. Fellowbondsman was William Wood; witnesses: nephew William Wood, Nieces (Eliz. Roberts) husband John Pinyard.
According to father, Robert Zane's will, Simeon had childen but not named.
The following informatiion was obtained from LDS Film #533,162, Gloucester Co., New Jersey Wills. Numbers 1940H-2078H - - 1795-1797 - - - Harvey Zane, Wichita, Kansas, August 1973.
SARAH ZANE, JOSEPH ZANE, and WILLIAM WOOD all of Gloucester Co., New Jersey posted bond on 24 Apr 1795.
SARAH ZANE & JOSEPH ZANE administrators of SIMEON ZANE late of Gloucester Co., New Jersey 24 Oct 1795.
SARAH ZANE and JOSEPH ZANE, the Administrators, being duly aformed as of the people called Quakers, say that SIMEON ZANE within named died without a will as far as they know and they verily believe that they will well truly administer all singular the goods and chattels of said deced which have or shall come to their hands or possession or that of any other person as persons for their life, that will makd e __________into the preogative a true and perfect inventory of said goods chattels. 24 April 1745
s/s SARAH ZANE
s/s JOSEPH ZANE
An inventory of SIMEON ZANE is listed following the above but no names are given. The township of Greenwich, Gloucester County, NJ is indicated.
Children of SIMEON ZANE and SARAH HOOTEN are:
i. SIMEON6 ZANE, JR., b. Abt. 1763; m. UNKNOWN, 1780.
2. ii. HOOTEN ZANE.
Generation No. 2
2. HOOTEN6 ZANE (SIMEON5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, ROBERT2, SIMON/SIMONE/SYMON1)2. He married SARAH DAWSON 01 Jun 1761.
Children of HOOTEN ZANE and SARAH DAWSON are:
i. JOHN7 ZANE, b. Abt. 1847; m. RACHEL ZANE, 1867, Gloucester Co., New Jersey.
3. ii. JULIA ANN/JULYANN ZANE, b. Abt. 1803, New Jersey; d. 1881.
Generation No. 3
3. JULIA ANN/JULYANN7 ZANE (HOOTEN6, SIMEON5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, ROBERT2, SIMON/SIMONE/SYMON1) was born Abt. 1803 in New Jersey, and died 1881. She married (1) JOHN (1) WILKINSON 1826 in Gloucester Co., New Jersey. He died 1829. She married (2) THOMAS (2) CASPERSON 1832 in Woolwich, Gloucester Co., New Jersey.
More About JULIA ANN/JULYANN ZANE:
Burial: St Paul's United Methodist Church Cem., Paulsboro, NJ
Child of JULIA ZANE and THOMAS CASPERSON is:
4. i. THOMAS G.8 CASPERSON.
Generation No. 4
4. THOMAS G.8 CASPERSON (JULIA ANN/JULYANN7 ZANE, HOOTEN6, SIMEON5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, ROBERT2, SIMON/SIMONE/SYMON1) He married JULIA LACLARE FERRELL. She was born in Philadelphia.
Child of THOMAS CASPERSON and JULIA FERRELL is:
i. WILLIAM T.9 CASPERSON, b. 1877.
1. Clement's Papers.
2. Hendy, Julia, "Electronic."
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|