New information shows that Mary McGonigal's husband was "Darius" Zibble, NOT Albert. Listed below is the revised information.
James W. Vinson Jr.
The Sierra Mountains, CA
1. DARIUS ZIBBLE was born in 1830 in OH. 1,2 The 1850 Census Record for Mackinac Co., MI. lists "Darius Dibble" born in Ohio. But, Lawrence Sonley reports that "Albert" Zibble was born in MI. Vital Marriage Records for Oakland Co., MI. show the marriage of "Darius Zibble" and Mary Ann Jeffers (she was married to James Jeffers prior to marrying Zibble) in 1855. At the time of this writing, the name "Darius" is still being researched. He appeared on the census in 1850 in MACKINAC CO., MI.3 "Darius Dibble", age 20, is listed living in a boarding house with several young males all listed as "Fisherman". He was living between 1856 and 1858 in PONTIAC, OAKLAND CO., MI.1 Son John was born to Darius and Mary in Pontiac in 1856, and daughter, Martha, was born in MI in 1858. He died between 1858 and 1860 in MI.1,4,5 Darius probably died before Jul 1860, the date of the 1860 census where his wife Mary is listed as head of household. Although, researcher Lawrence Sonley lists his date of death as 1871, his wife, Mary, married Charles Saggs on 21 Jun 1861.
He was married to MARY ANN McGONIGAL (daughter of JAMES McGONIGAL and HILERY ANN ( )) on August 12, 1855 in OAKLAND CO., MI.6,7 MARY ANN McGONIGAL was born on January 15, 1825 in NY.6,1,2,8 She appeared on the census in 1850 in INDEPENDENCE TWP., OAKLAND CO., MI.2 Mary A., age 25, is listed in the household with her first husband, James Jeffers, age 27, and their children, Charles H., age 6, Mary J.[May], age 4, and Sarah E., age 2. She appeared on the census in 1860 in FENTON TWP., GENESEE CO., MI.5 Mary Zibble, age 35, is listed as head of household with her children from her first marriage to Charles Jeffers, Charles, age 16, Mary, age 12, Sara E., age 11, Ellen E., age, 9, and John W. Zibble, age 4, and Martha Zibble, age 4, both from Mary's second marriage to Darius Zibble. She appeared on the census in 1880 in EAST SAGINAW, SAGINAW CO., MI.8 Mary, age 55, is listed living with her fourth husband, Joseph A. Smith, age 45, their two children, Elizabeth and George, Mary's son, John Zibble (by her second husband Darius Zibble), and two borders, Charles Holden and David Martin. Mary's place of birth is listed as New York. Her father's place of birth is listed as Ireland, and her mother's place of birth is listed as New York. She died on December 11, 1892 in MI.6 DARIUS ZIBBLE and MARY ANN McGONIGAL had the following children:
+2 i. JOHN WESLEY ZIBBLE (born on May 28, 1856).
3 ii. MARTHA S. ZIBBLE was born on September 29, 1858 in MI.6 She appeared on the census in 1860 in FENTON TWP., GENESEE CO., MI. 5
1. Lawrence Sonley. " A Totten Family Tree". St Louis, MI, Nov 1985 (APPENDIX I, Nov 1987).
2. U.S. Census Bureau. Federal Census Record. Oakland Co., MI, 1850.
3. U.S. Census Bureau. Federal Census Record. Mackinac Co., MI, 6 Aug 1850.
4. Co-Author James W. Vinson Jr.. "Vinson/Byers Record". San Jose, CA, 1980 - 2004.
5. U.S. Census Bureau. Federal Census Record. Genesee Co., MI, 1860.
6. Mary A. McGonigal (or other Unk. Smith family member). McGonigal/Jeffers/Zibble/Smith "Family Bible Record". Saginaw Co., MI, 1844 - 1892.
7. County Clerk. Vital Records - Oakland Co., MI, Marriages 1849 - 1876, 1827 - 1919. Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City, 1975 (Microfilm Originals in Pontiac, MI).
8. U.S. Census Bureau. Federal Census Record. Saginaw Co., MI, 1880.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|